WotTA Screenshots

Discuss the latest WotTA news and get new information about the mod.
Forum rules
● This is the Town Center, where people discuss the news and make questions. If you have any questions, be free to create a thread and ask for help.
● The official language of this forum is English.
● Be gentle to the other members, don't spam messages or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
● Messages that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.
You need patacas to see screenhots. Register for free patacas, and post often for more! And watch out for the robbers, they're stealing everyone.

Re: Wotta Screenshots

Postby Sanguivorant » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:30 am

Peugeot wrote:@arcalion: Not all graphics settings have been turned all the way up in Sanguivorant's options menu, that much is obvious, but that does not automatically mean he has a rubbish computer. It might, it is even likely so, but it's no logical and irrefutable truth. His computer may be able to handle much more...

My computer can probably handle more. The reason I put the graphics quality at low is because I want a speedy game, not a good looking game. For a laptop, mine can actually run high graphics on a few things and get great quality and speed out of it. However, I do not put the quality on highest for all my games (Only for a select few). I might play on high quality one time and see how much difference there is, since I haven't gotten around to changing the graphics settings.

On that note.... A few WotTA promotional screenshots. I took them while playing as Canada. They are more aesthetic than game play.

This picture shows Metis Rebels cooperating with French Canadian regulars to overthrow the British (Queen Victoria) from Saskatchewan. Taken place at a French-Canadian Military base.

This picture shows the location of a secret French-Canadian spy camp. The spies inform the military of the information that they have collected early in the morning.

Gah, I am such a little girl in this game.

The images are cut off a bit. If you would like to see the full picture, open the image in a new tab.
Sanguivorant
Corvette
Corvette

Postby Sanguivorant » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:43 am

P.S: Make sure to merge this post with my last post.

Some GW promotional images. I have taken a purely aesthetic picture of the battle of the Somme (WWI), and Passchendaele (WWI as well).

The reason I made them was for a presentation Powerpoint that I needed to present for school, but now that Semester 1 is over (FINALLY), I thought I might share these:

The Somme

The Triple Entente's (TE) plan of a big push. Previous artillery shelling failed, and when the TE commanded their troops over to German trenches, they were being annihilated by the thousands from German machine gun posts. This war also included the first use of the Tank, which frightened the Germans.

Passchendaele

Fought on the flooded plains of Belgium, this was known as one of the worst battle-fields in history. Soldiers from both sides fought with each other, and the plains to ensure their victory. A lot of bayonet combat was being carried out on this battlefield.
Sanguivorant
Corvette
Corvette

Postby peugeot407 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:33 pm

A couple of years ago in secondary school, we had this assignment where the basic idea was that we had to describe how, after a hypothetical stranding on an uninhabited island (teachers never have original ideas), we would set up our own working civilisation. How would the island be governed, what kind of work would people do, etc. We too had to make a slideshow presentation in the end, and I used AoE3 as well. It was dead easy to create an island in the Scen Editor, put some simplistic buildings on it, and take a couple of screenshots, and it made our presentation look infinitely better than those of others. Note to parents around the world: Games do help school performance. ^^

peugeot407
Hoop Thrower wrote:
"I'm starting to form some theories regarding the relation of excessive patriotism and the reluctance to use proper grammar..."

Sola Scriptura. Sola Fide. Sola Gratia. Solus Christus. Soli Deo Gloria.

peugeot407
KnB Team
KnB Team

Postby Sanguivorant » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:03 pm

Well what can I say, games are pretty useful. However, that's not the only time I've used games for a presentation.

for Grade. 6 French, I had to draw a picture of an island with a bay, a river, trees, mountains, caves and all that, and label them in French. Me, being a crap artist, went to Age of Mythology editor, made my desired Island, labelled it, and all went well. I had said that I used a computer program to do this. The teacher was actually pretty fond of the creation.

For the project that required the two AoeIII pictures, I had to do a presentation which required me to present everything that happened to Canada from the early 1900s to Post WWI. I had to explain a few battles in WWI as well. I thought, "Hey! WotTA. GW. Soldier. Tank. Bunker. Why not?"

So I worked on making a scenery of what the Battle of the Somme would look like, and how Passchendaele would've looked like. I'd have to say, it really did strengthen my presentation. The Somme picture had some sort of idea of what was happening, and how many troops were getting killed from being sent over the top. The Passchendaele picture gave viewers an idea of how fighting on the flooded plains of Belgium would've looked like.

I wanted to make a scenery of Vimy Ridge, but it wouldn't really explain the, "Rolling Barrage" tactic.

Alright, back on topic:

I'm beginning to become a bit experienced with the Mexicans. They are a great civ to play with. Over here, The Mexicans drive American colonists from Baja California.
Sanguivorant
Corvette
Corvette

Postby peugeot407 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:11 pm

I'm beginning to become a bit experienced with the Mexicans. They are a great civ to play with.

Yes, they are indeed... You use Soldaderas though, I see. How do you like them? I have used them once or twice, but found that due to their not-so-high HP I was better off using Insurgentes instead.

peugeot407
Hoop Thrower wrote:
"I'm starting to form some theories regarding the relation of excessive patriotism and the reluctance to use proper grammar..."

peugeot407
KnB Team
KnB Team

Postby Hoop Thrower » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Soldaderas are support units, they can heal the insurgentes, giving them an extended lifespan without hurting your military production.
Tahattus wrote:... yeah... i think so.
As a punishment, I'll turn the jaguar into a pet cat.

Umbre et nocti lux et libertas succedunt
Hoop Thrower
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby Sanguivorant » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:26 pm

peugeot407 wrote:
I'm beginning to become a bit experienced with the Mexicans. They are a great civ to play with.

Yes, they are indeed... You use Soldaderas though, I see. How do you like them? I have used them once or twice, but found that due to their not-so-high HP I was better off using Insurgentes instead.

peugeot407

Specifically for this map, I had to instead invest in some Soldaderas. Food was scarce, and the only Food option available was the sea, and that required a lot of my Wood, so my Wood was low.

At the same time, I had a rather large stock-pile of Food and Coin, which is what Soldaderas need, so I got a few.

I've used Soldaderas in almost every game I played with the Mexicans. They are a major support team, and a bit more useful than priests, since they double as both healers and fighters. Because they have this multi-use, a combined force of them, Surgentes and pikemen can be used in raiding towns (Preferrably houses) and military areas, and if your units are losing ground, take them back and the Soldaderas will heal them all swiftly. This, like Hoop Thrower says, can save the cost of another army.

Although Soldaderas have low HP, they do an impressive job against most infantry units, so that is a plus. What I usually do is send in the Insurgentes first, so that they are taking the Outpost/town/unit damage, and micromanage the soldaderas to kill key units (a unit good against infantry) and working villagers. Do not doubt them, they can be very useful.

Also, I noticed a bug. The fortress upgrade that supposedly gives you an Agricultural wagon. It doesn't. I didn't receive anything at all from choosing that politician. I think he was called the Haciendero.
Sanguivorant
Corvette
Corvette

Postby peugeot407 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:20 pm

Ah, I didn't know Soldaderas were good against enemy infantry. I always use Immigrant Redshirts for that, which are brilliant, but do obviously have a buildlimit...

peugeot407
Hoop Thrower wrote:

peugeot407
KnB Team
KnB Team

Postby Hoop Thrower » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:33 pm

They aren't, at least not more than insurgentes, soldaderas are musketeers after all...
Tahattus wrote:... yeah... i think so.
As a punishment, I'll turn the jaguar into a pet cat.

Umbre et nocti lux et libertas succedunt
Hoop Thrower
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby Sanguivorant » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:57 pm

And on that note, some more Pictures (Though not completely WotTA).

I have recently downloaded the Thrones system, which meant that I could finally play against one of the old civilizations. This was good, because the old civilizations generally make better use of AI.

I played a 1V1, with me being Chinese and my opponent Russian. Both of us were fighting to conquer Mongolia:

First of all, a picture of my favourite artillery in action, the Hand Mortar. The reason that it's my favourite, is because it is very mobile, cheap, and effective against artillery from a larger range. These mortars took out a Fort that the Russians constructed.

After a few battles, I eventually destroyed the Russian war machine, and started raiding their base. I tried to focus on the houses, as they are probably the most important buildings to target if you want to eliminate any form of resistance.

Ah, my favourite time of the game, the "Clean-up". This is when a lot of the enemy's vital buildings are destroyed, economy ruined, army dead, while my army is huge and my stockpile is plenty. All it takes from there is simply destroying some enemy buildings that I did not focus on, like plantations, an artillery foundry out of business, and the rest.

I call it clean-up, because technically the game's already over, but i'm still continuing.

One thing I do need to keep in mind for next games: Take Trading posts.

Luckily, I was playing on Classic mode, so there was no threat of a Trade Monopoly.
Sanguivorant
Corvette
Corvette

PreviousNext

Return to The Town Center